No, this is not possible.
TESSY V4.1 frequently asked questions (FAQs)
What is new in TESSY V4.1?
The main enhancements of TESSY V4.1 compared to TESSY V4.0 are:
- TESSY now supports fault injections based on the flow graph of the function to execute normally unreachable code parts.
- The new script perspective allows textual editing of tests in a dedicated test scripting language. This allows easy versioning of tests and comparisons of versions.
- The new CTE is a full Eclipse-based editor integrated in TESSY and enhances the design of test cases and the assignment of test data to tree nodes.
- New static analysis features have been added: Calculation of the cyclomatic complexity (McCabe metric) as well as further derived test case quality measures.
- The TDE now provides the possibility of entering arithmetic expressions as test data.
- TESSY now also provides a hardware adapter interface that can be used to control external hardware for stimulation and measurement of hardware signals.
Can I re-use my existing test cases created with V3.0/V3.1/V3.2/V4.0 in TESSY V4.1?
Yes, this is possible. If you open a TESSY database (*.pdbx) created using TESSY V3.0/V3.1/V3.2/V4.0 in TESSY V4.1, TESSY V4.1 asks you if you want to convert the database in the format used by TESSY V4.1. If you confirm, the conversion is done automatically by TESSY V4.1.
Please note: This conversion is irreversible!
Can I re-use my existing test cases created with V2.9 in TESSY V4.1?
Yes, this is possible, but via a special procedure. Please contact our support for further assistance.
Can I convert test cases created with TESSY V4.1 into formats used in former versions TESSY?
Is TESSY V4.1 qualified for use in safety-related software development, like TESSY V3.0/V3.1/V3.2/V2.9 is?
Yes, TESSY V4.1 is qualified for safety-related software development, the updated certification report is available here.
If I update to a floating license server (FLS) for TESSY V4.1, can I still use previous versions of TESSY?
A license for TESSY V4.1 is also valid for all previous versions of TESSY V2.x/V3.x and V4.0. There are no changes required for older TESSY installations to contact an FLS for TESSY V4.1.
Can I just update the license file of my current FLS on my network server for TESSY V4.0 to be able to run TESSY V4.1?
Yes, you can simply exchange the license file and restart the server.
Can I operate an FLS for Tessy V3.2 in parallel with an FLS for TESSY V4.1?
No. Basically, you can only run one version of an FLS on the same machine.
Can I run Tessy V2.9/V3.0/V3.1/V3.2/V4.0 and TESSY V4.1 in parallel?
TESSY V4.1 can be installed and used in parallel with existing TESSY V2.9/3.0/3.1/3.2/4.0 installations on the same machine. If you use versions in parallel at the same time, you will need a license for each version.
Will TESSY V2.9/V3.0/3.1/3.2/4.0 stay available?
TESSY V2.9/3.0/3.1/3.2 have reached their end of life, i.e. there will be no more bugfixes available for these versions. TESSY V4.0 will still be provided with bugfixes but no new features and no new combinations will be added. New features and new combinations of microcontrollers / compilers / debuggers will be provided for TESSY V4.1 only.