TESSY V4.2 frequently asked questions (FAQs)
What is new in TESSY V4.2?
The main enhancements of TESSY V4.2 compared to TESSY V4.1 are:
- A generator for classification trees has been added that generates a new tree based on the interface of a test object. A classification will be generated for each input variable with possible values as classes according to the equivalence partitioning method. The new project-wide interface dictionary provides means to assign application domain related names to implementation variables that can be used throughout all CTE test specifications.
- The component test feature has been extended and now also supports the testing of C++ source code.
- The new call pair coverage measurement (CPC) now supports measuring whether all call locations of functions or methods within the test object have been exercised at least once. This fulfills the requirements of ISO 26262 as an alternate coverage method for integration testing instead of applying the function coverage (FC) method.
- Testing effort estimation and tracking
- Automated requirement reviews: A new task element provides means to protocol external tests and reviews and link them to requirements. This allows full verification coverage of requirements that are not testable with a normal unit or integration test.
- A completely reworked error handling provides enhanced error messages and logging capabilities for command line execution.
Can I re-use my existing test cases created with V3.0/V3.1/V3.2/V4.0/4.1 in TESSY V4.2?
Yes, this is possible. If you open a TESSY database (*.pdbx) created using TESSY V3.0/V3.1/V3.2/V4.0/4.1 in TESSY V4.2, TESSY V4.2 asks you if you want to convert the database in the format used by TESSY V4.2. If you confirm, the conversion is done automatically by TESSY V4.2.
Please note that you usually have to make adjustments to the configuration. This depends on the version you have used. This conversion is irreversible!
Can I convert test cases created with TESSY V4.2 into formats used in former versions TESSY?
No, this is not possible.
Is TESSY V4.2 qualified for use in safety-related software development, like TESSY V4.1/V3.0/V3.1/V3.2/V2.9 is?
Yes, TESSY V4.2 is qualified for safety-related software development, the updated certification report is available here.
If I update to a floating license server (FLS) for TESSY V4.2, can I still use previous versions of TESSY?
A license for TESSY V4.2 for Razorcat Floating License Server FLS V8.0 is also valid for all previous versions of TESSY V2.x/V3.x/V4.1. There are no changes required for older TESSY installations to contact an FLS for TESSY V4.2.
Can I just update the license file of my current FLS on my network server for TESSY V4.1 or lower to be able to run TESSY V4.2?
For FLS versions less version FLS V8.0 you have to upgrade your installed version to the most current version. In order to receive a new license file you need to migrate your existing license. Please ask for the detailed procedure before updating the server. If version FLS V8.0 is already installed, you can simply exchange the license file and restart the FLS.
Can I operate multiple FLS versions for TESSY in parallel on the same machine?
No. Basically, you can only run one version of an FLS.
Can I run Tessy V2.9/V3.0/V3.1/V3.2/V4.0/4.1 and TESSY V4.2 in parallel?
TESSY V4.2 can be installed and used in parallel with existing TESSY V2.9/3.0/3.1/3.2/4.0/4.1 installations on the same machine. If you use versions in parallel at the same time, you will need a license for each version.
Will TESSY V2.9/V3.0/3.1/3.2/4.0/4.1 stay available?
TESSY V2.9/3.0/3.1/3.2/4.0 have reached their end of life, i.e. there will be no more bugfixes available for these versions. TESSY V4.1 will still be provided with bugfixes but no new features and no new compiler and debugger combinations will be added. New features and new combinations of microcontrollers / compilers / debuggers will be provided for TESSY V4.2 only.